- To strengthen the department with Infrastructural and Research facilities to bring them at par with the global standards
- Teaching Learning: To encourage the teaching faculty to apply for more no. of Research Projects. Conducting the seminars frequently for renewal of the subject domain knowledge of Faculty, research scholars and students by facilitating the interactions with renowned personalities, by inviting them as resource persons and visiting faculty
- Research: To develop in to a center for potential of excellence in chemical science research
- To establish close industry linkages for mutual benefit and also to increase the campus placement of students
- To build a strong and dynamic alumni base and involve them in the development activities of chemical science discipline and research
- To act as a nodal center for developing proposals for startup grants and skill development.
- To awaken the young minds and discover their talents both in theory and in practical chemistry, through dedication to teaching, commitment to students and innovative instructional methods.
- To support the developmental activities of the College and make the Department vibrant.
- To introduce pioneering programs in the Department that will embrace heritage and values to the Institution.
- To create and maintain the programs of excellence in the area of research, education and public outreach.
- To promote, inspire & nurture the fundamentals of chemistry through UG course offered for the basic sciences students.
- The chemistry dept is committed to helping each student achieve his/her personal academic potential by creating an environment that promotes frequent interactions between faculty and students, development of innovative instructional techniques and use of modern educational technology in lecture and laboratory courses.
- Department is committed to development of strategic partnerships with other departments, academic institutions and chemical industry.
STRATEGIES OF THE DEPARTMENT FOR FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
The process the following strategies for teaching learning curriculum and co curriculum activities for the overall achievement of excellence in the field of higher education.
- To expand the use of components of ICT mode of instruction for improving effective teaching learning process thereby ensuring overall quality in education as well as employability of students.
- To organize extensively faculty development programs for enhancing teaching skills and existing knowledge among faculty.
- To motivate faculty to produce high quality research through research papers and research projects for making the department "Centre of excellence".
- To adopt more number of best practice for achievement of academic excellence.
- To introduce diversified and market-oriented courses to meet the changing needs of the Industry/Society and also to create employability of students.
- The department is planning to renovate the laboratories which is currently planned by the management.
- The department will continue to encourage the students to participate in conferences, workshops and provide opportunities to present their knowledge.
- The dept encourages placements in academic and industrial sector.
- Increase enrollment in chemistry programs by conducting state and national level seminars and workshops.
- Enhance the services to the society by conducting students projects. 11.Planning to expand our connections with industrial science collaborators.