FUTURE PLANS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To strengthen the Organic Chemistry department with Infrastructural and Research facilities to bring them at par with the global standards
- To develop into a center for potential of excellence in chemical science research.
- To build a strong and dynamic alumni base and involve them in the development activities.
- To establish close industry linkages for mutual benefit and also to increase the campus placements.
- To initiate the student exchange programme with the National / International Institute.
- To start the interdisciplinary courses
- To start the modern research facility to initiate the collaborative research with reputed industries
- Conducting the seminars frequently for renewal of the subject domain knowledge of Faculty, research scholars and students by facilitating the interactions with eminent personalities, by inviting them as resource persons and visiting faculty
FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES OF ORGANIC CHEMIST
Organic Chemistry is one of the most demanding branches in chemistry. In terms of career scope, Organic Chemistry is probably the best among all branches of chemistry. The Organic Chemist will have the following opportunities in future:
- Academic positions: One can often opt for PhD or even qualify NET to become eligible for holding faculty position in College/University.
- Industrial Aspects: Oil and Gas Industry requires Post Graduates in Organic Chemistry as QA (Quality Assurance), Assistance in exploration and R&D.
- The organic Chemist can also be hired as:
- Research chemist
- Project assistant
- Senior research associate
- Synthetic organic chemist
- Production supervisor
- Quality control inspector
- Quality Manager
- Drug Discovery: Synthesis of organic molecules remains one of the most important task in Organic Chemistry, Which a Organic Chemist manually designs a new drug.