Department of Telugu was started in the year 1998. Mrs Rukmini worked as Telugu lecturer till 2003. In the year 2003 Dr. K.L. Annapurna, M.A,Phd. took over the Department.
Dr. K Lakshmi Annapurna
- Awarded Ph.D. in 2010 on the Research Topic “Oka Dasabdi Telugu Sathakamulu- Pariseelana” (1991-2000) from Osmania University.
- Published a book in 2011 titled “Dharmacharana Prasasthi”.
- Achieved second prize in Telugu essay writing competition conducted by ATA and Andhra Bhoomi daily.
- Secured rolling shield and best student award at degree level for securing highest marks in Telugu optionals.
- Participated in Doordarshan and AIR Literary Programmes
- Nearly 400 articles and book reviews published in various magazines.
- Participated in Essay writing competitions at school and college level and got prizes
- National level seminar was conducted on 19th November 2014 on the topic Thummalapalli Ramalingeswara Rao gari Sahiti Samaalochanamu. Papers were presented by scholars from other colleges.
- International Mother Languages day celebrated on 21st February 2015. The guest lecture given by Dr. K. Vidyavathi .
- Wall Magazine named “Muchukunda” is being displayed every month to encourage students writing skills
- Our students participated in SVBC Channel and won the prizes.
- Students attended the Literary Programmes like Gurajada Sathajayanthi Utsavaalu, etc.
- Literary festival was conducted on Jan 1st 2017 .
- The most important achievement in my teaching experience is 100% pass percentage from the starting of the career.
In the year 2016-17 language department conducted literary festival on 12th Jan 2017. We conduct essay writing, debate, poetry recitation and Shruti lekhan competitions every year to encourage and motivate students to learn language.
PAPER PRESENTATIONS & PARTICIPATIONS:
- Participated in One day Workshop on “Adhunika Kalanugunamga Telugu Bhasha Adhyanam Bodhana ”, on 29th August 2008, organized by City College, Hyderabad..
- Attended Three Day International Seminar at Andhra University conducted by ICCR, UGC AND SAHITYA ACADEMY, NEW DELHI from 24.02.2011 to 26.02.2011. Paper presentation on “Swathantriyanathara Telugu Sahithyuamu ” .
- Paper presented in National Seminar at IIMC, Hyderabad on 04.04.2018 “Degree Stayilo Telugu Vachakala Bhasha Swaroopa Swabhavaalu”.
- Participated in Two day Workshop on “Language Usage in Media ” in four languages (Hindi, Marathi, Telugu and Urdu) on 26th & 27th July 2013, at Viveka Vardhinoi Degree College, Hyderabad.
- Paper presented in One Day International Webnar conducted by Govt. Degree College,Sadasshivpet on 22nd Nov. 2020. Topic BHARATHIYA SAAHITYAM ARISHDVARGALU.
- Paper Presented in One Day National Seminar conducted by Govt. Degree College, Sadashivpet on 30th May, 2021. Topic BHARATHIYA SAAHITYAM ASHRAMA DHARMALU.
- Convener for the National Seminar in Telugu conducted at KMICS, Hyderabad in 2014 on topic “ Sri Advayananda Bharathi Swamy vari Jeevithamu and Rachanalu”
- Received “Best Student Award” in 1988 from University College for Women.
- Played Judge Role for Poems Recitation at Geetanjali Public School, Begumpet, Hyderabad.
- Played Judge Role UN Model session, St. Josephs Public School, King Koti, Hyderabad.
- Nominated for Board of Studies as Member in Andha Mahila Sabha, Hyderbad in 2011.
Participated in Academic Activities:
- Conducted - Guest Lecture topic: “Matru Bhasha Dinotsavam” by Dr. Vidyavathi, Rtd. Lecturer in RBVRR College. On 21st Feb. 2015.
- Conducted “Literary Festival” organized on 12th January 2017.
- Conducted “Neti Vidya Vidhanamlo Telugul” by Prof. V Nityananda Rao, Chairman, BOS, Osmania Univeristy organized on 21st February, 2018.
- Conducted Guest Lecture - “Telugu Bhasha Maadhuryam ” by Dr. T.Patanjali Principal, Govt. Degree College, Sadasivpet. organized on 28st August , 2018.
- Conducted Guest Lecture - “Mahabharathamlo Dharma Bodha ” by Dr. Kakunuri Suryanarayana Murthy, BJR Govt. Degree College. Organized on 14th August , 2019.